Monday, May 26, 2008

May 24 Wedding of Maisie and Brian


This is my first blog entry and what a joy to share a little about my Memorial Day weekend. I had the privilege to travel to Athens, Georgia to photograph the wedding of Maisie Anderson and Dr. Brian Frost. For the first time, my daughter Chelsea served as my assistant, and though a bit nervous, she did a marvelous job. I have now photographed a destination wedding with each of my two daughters serving as an assistant. Great fun!

The ceremony was held at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, which was a gorgeous venue on a simply beautiful day. Speaking of beautiful, the bride was every bit as stunning as her surroundings. It was a great day!

The thing that made this wedding special was the fact that it was my second time working with the bride's family. I first met the Andersons last fall when I photographed the wedding of Maisie's sister Mollie. It's very gratifying as a photographer to be entrusted with such a special day, not only by one but both daughters within a family. It was a great weekend and fun to work with friends. Thank you Teresa and Victor for allowing me to document another special day in the life of the Anderson family!

I'm spending this Memorial Day Monday slowly going through the images from Saturday and picking out the best to share with the Anderson and Frost families. I also want to take time to say thank you and pay proper respect to our service men and women who have served and continue to serve our great country. The freedoms we all are blessed with are not to be taken lightly. Thank you all, men and women of our Armed Forces!

No comments: