Thursday, July 10, 2008

Respect for client's wishes



I photographed a wedding in late June. She was a beautiful bride, the groom a handsome young man and the family was very friendly and cordial. It was a great day! The photos turned out very well, in spite of the challenge of shooting outdoors in bright sun with a mid-day ceremony. The venue was a private home and the 2nd challenge for me as a photographer, was abiding by the wishes of the client, that their photographs would remain private as well. Ouch! What does any wedding photographer want to do after a beautiful wedding? Show off his work of course! But when it comes to a paying client, the first rule of any retail operation is "the customer is always right".

I also understand that some people want privacy in their lives. Think about all the reality shows on television today, the various means of "identity theft" that have us all worried about our personal security. It's a different world today than when I was the age of this young couple. I certainly respect their wishes, so you won't see their happy faces grace this blog, my online gallery or my website. They are presently viewing their images through my online gallery, but it is set to "private" so the general public who might try to see their images won't even realize the gallery exists. It's cool that in this new age of technology, anything is possible. They're happy with my work and that's all that matters. Another beautiful bride, another happy client!

No comments: